Rooibos tea health benefits are numerous primarily due to its flavonoids aspalathin content and nothofagin as well. These two components are not usually found in other plants, making it uniquely special for health conscious people and those who want a healthy supplement.
Rooibos is an herbal tea that has been popular in South Africa for a long while. It comes from the Aspalathis linear which is a plant grown in a specific area of the Western Cape Province in South Africa but has been recently used in other parts of the world. It is a product of oxidized rooibos leaves which is enjoyed hot with lemon and sugar or honey.
- Rich in flavonoids. One of the many health benefits is its antioxidant property as a result of its flavonoids content.
- Prevents cardiovascular-related diseases. It is also has cardiovascular benefits and may have good effects on related diseases, particularly diabetes, while lowering blood pressure.
- Helps regenerate the liver tissues. It can also aid in the regeneration of liver tissue after prolonged intoxication as well as for the therapy of liver diseases.
- Treats respiratory ailments. It is also a potential cure for ailments of our respiratory system since it is considered both as a bronchodilator and an antispasmodic, making it effective also for gastrointestinal disorders.
- Anti-HIV. The tea extract has been found to fight HIV since it can be part of the prophylaxis of diseases which involves the immune system as well as other infections, cancer and allergy as well. The alkaline extract of rooibos is known to be the ingredient that suppresses the HIV infection.
- Prevents aging. Damage in body parts particularly in the brain that occurs with aging can be suppressed by rooibos tea. It can also prevent DNA damage and improves insulin secretion and glucose uptake after a meal.
- Strengthens the bones and teeth. It is rich in calcium, fluoride minerals and manganese all of which may lead to a healthier bone stronger and a stronger teeth.
- Helps to treat insomia. It is 100 percent caffeine free that is why it is recommended for insomniacs.
- Anti-inflammatory. The polyphenol content in it provides anti-inflammatory, antiviral and antimutagenic qualities. The zinc and alpha hydroxyl content of the red tea is good for our skin while red tea powder can relieve acne, pimples and even sunburn.Good for the kidneys. People with kidney stones can drink as much of this tea since it does not contain oxalic acid.
- Gives soothing and calming effect. It can also provide relief to stress, nervous tension, nagging headaches and hypertension conditions.
- Relieves pains. Stomach cramps and abdominal pains are relieved by the antispasmodic agents in this tea drink.
- Cures other diseases. In native Africa, this tea is considered an effective cure for diseases such as allergic bronchitis, hay fever and eczema.
- Improves blood circulation. Quercetin and bioflavanoids in the tea promote blood circulation while obstructing hemorrhaging.
- Boosts energy. Rooibos tea is an excellent thirst quencher and is good for active or sports minded people even with hyper active children and regular travelers.