Because it has a lot of lifesaving benefits, the coconut is more than just a wonder food providing for several human needs.
The tree supplies almost everything needed to live; this is the reason why it is called the “tree of life”. It provides coconut oil, coconut flesh or meat, coconut water and coconut cream all of which have superb and amazing health benefits. It is also a dietary staple for many people around the world.
The tall coconut palm tree can bear up to 75 fruits per year when grown in fertile lands of tropical and sub-tropical countries.
Coconut oil is considered the safest and best oil to use for cooking and better than extra virgin olive oil. Oil from coconut does not produce polymerized oils or unhealthy trans-fatty acids which can increase cholesterol levels that can clog veins and arteries, and generate sagging skin and wrinkles. Instead, coconut oil contains antioxidants for stronger cells to improve overall health and well being.
Top 10 coco health benefits
Coconut is truly a miracle tree. The strong antioxidant properties of coconut are also effective in fighting off viruses, increasing thyroid production, losing weight, increasing metabolism, staving off memory loss and fighting infections.
- Contains dietary fibers. One amazing coconut health benefit is its impressive content of dietary fiber better than wheat bran, oat bran and psyllium. The body cannot digest the dietary fiber in coconut so no calories are derived from it, providing no effect on blood sugar.
- Protects the heart. Coconut is good for the heart. It provides for long chain of fatty acids that has no negative effect on cholesterol ratios while lowering the risk of atherosclerosis and providing protection against heart diseases.
- Fights microorganisms. The large amount of lauric acid in coconut is the same fatty acid found in mother’s milk. Lauric acid in coconut oil contains antiviral, antimicrobial, antiprotozoal and antifungal properties. It inhibits the growth of fungi, bacteria and viruses. Coconut oil is also considered superb topical oil that gets rid of dangerous toxins in the skin. Skin disorders such as eczema, dermatitis and psoriasis can be treated by coconut oil.
- Helps in good digestion. Coconut boosts the absorption of several nutrients such as minerals, amino acids and vitamins to improve digestion while eliminating symptoms and inflammatory conditions related to digestive and bowel disorders.
- Makes the bones strong. Eating coconut can also result to stronger bones since it improves the body’s ability in absorbing calcium and magnesium. Coconut oil protects our teeth from bacteria while making our gums stronger and healthier; simply rub fresh coconut oil to the gums and teeth.
- Helps hydrate the body. Coconut water is considered as nature’s sports drink rich in electrolyte potassium twice as much as banana while being a natural source of hydration.
- Reduces cholesterol. Coconut is considered just as effective as statin drug in reducing cholesterol.
- Fights aging and cancer. Coconut water contains cytokinins such as kinetin and trans-zeatin which research studies have found to have effects on slowing down aging and in fighting cancer.
- Good source of electrolytes. Coconut is pure and sterile. It is a natural water filter which can be used as substitute for blood for blood transfusions.
- Promotes healthy skin and hair. Coconut cream is best treatment to achieve flawless skin while enabling skin replenishment to give the skin a more youthful and healthy glow. Using coconut oil also helps make the hair grow healthy and silky.
From ancient to modern times, new coconut health benefits have been discovered with scientific researches backing them up. Because of its natural potency, coconut will remain to be a versatile fruit!